What are flax seeds?
What is Flaxseed Oil?
How Flax Seeds are grown
How to use flax seeds
Flax Seeds Nutrition
One tablespoon of ground (7g) flax seeds contains the following:
- Calories: 37.
- Total fat: 3 g.
- Saturated fat: 0.3 g.
- Cholesterol: 0 mg.
- Protein: 1.3 g.
- Total Carbohydrate: 2 g.
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g.
- Sugar: 0.1 g.
- Carbs: 2 g.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 1597 mg.
- Folate: 2% of the RDI
- Sodium: 2.1 mg.
- Potassium: 56.9 mg.
- Iron: 2% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 6% of the RDI.
Flax Seeds Benefits for Female
Flax seeds help women’s fertilityFlaxs seeds are known to help women’s fertility by improving their chances of conception. Some evidence has shown that flax seeds can have a positive effect on female fertility. The lignans in flax seeds are compounds that can be converted into phytoestrogens, which are plant compounds that have weak estrogenic effects in the body. Some studies have shown that lignans play a beneficial role in female fertility by regulating the body’s estrogen levels.
A small study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that women who took flaxseed supplements had increased progesterone levels and longer luteal phases, both of which are essential for improved fertility.
Another study in the Journal of Fertility and Sterility found that women who consumed flax seeds had increased levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a protein that plays an important role in regulating hormone levels such as estrogen and androgens.
Flax seeds during pregnancy
During pregnancy, it is imperative to exercise caution and moderation when consuming flax seeds. It is safe to eat moderate amounts of flax seeds during pregnancy, such as one to two tablespoons per day. The Flax seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for fetal brain and eye development.
Flax seeds and estrogen
Flax seeds contain compounds called lignans that have a weak estrogen-like effect on the body. These lignans are converted to enterolignans by gut bacteria, which have been shown to have both estrogenic and anti-estrogenic effects. Some studies suggest that consuming flax seeds have a moderate effect on the body’s estrogen levels, which may reduce the risk of certain hormone-related cancers, such as breast cancer. However, more studies are needed to fully understand the effects of flax seeds on these estrogen levels and hormone-related health outcomes.
Most research results show that flaxseed can be effective in treating menopausal hot flashes. High levels of phytoestrogens available in flaxseed lead to the increase of estrogen levels and hormonal imbalance. Therefore, it reduces the frequency of other vasomotor symptoms. Furthermore, it contains lignans with strong anti-estrogenic effects on breast cancer and may help prevent breast, uterine and other hormone-related cancers and their recurrence. It has even been shown to be effective in reducing tumor growth in breast cancer patients. Flaxseed has been introduced as a first-line treatment for cyclic mastalgia due to its omega-3 fatty acids, which relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.↗️
Flax seeds benefits menopause
Flax seeds are an excellent source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, and fiber, which can support overall health and well-being during menopause. The Flax seeds contain lignans, compounds that help reduce the frequency and severity of hot flashes in menopausal women. Flax seeds contain lignans and other compounds that may help improve bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis, a common concern for menopausal women. Women maintain a regular cycle.
Lignans are compounds that have a chemical structure similar to that of estrogen, and they contribute to balancing hormone levels in the body. Flax seeds are one of the best dietary sources of lignans and regular consumption helps to significantly reduce the risk of hormone-related conditions such as breast cancer, uterine fibroids and endometriosis. Flax seeds are a superfood for women. diets rich in Omega-3 fats increase female muscle and breast tissue growth.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a common endocrine disorder in women during their reproductive years, is also associated with high levels of androgens and is often accompanied by hirsutism, amenorrhea, and obesity. The following case study provides preliminary evidence that flaxseed supplementation may indeed help regulate androgen levels in women with PCOS.↗️
Improving menstrual health
Flax seeds contain both lignans and phytoestrogens, which can help regulate the menstrual cycle, or irregular periods, and reduce PMS symptoms. In addition, the fiber in flax seeds can help reduce mood swings, breast tenderness, and bloating by eliminating excess estrogen from the body.
Reduced risk of breast cancer
Studies have shown that women who regularly consume flax seeds may have a significantly reduced risk of breast cancer. The reason may be due to the lignans in flax seeds, which have anti-cancer properties. Also, flax seeds are rich in alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), which has been linked to a reduced risk of breast cancer. Flax seeds can decrease the risk of breast cancer by decreasing tumor growth and metastasis. Women have a reduced risk of developing breast cancer.
Healthy Skin and Hair
Flax seeds benefits are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for healthy skin and hair. These fatty acids are effective in reducing inflammation in the body, which can lead to clearer skin and a healthier scalp. Also, the lignans in flax seeds can help improve skin elasticity and play a significant role in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of Flax Seeds and Flaxseed Oil
1. High in fiber but low in carbs
Flax seeds are high in fiber but low in carbs one of the most extraordinary benefits of flax seeds is that it contains high levels of muscle in’s gum. which is a gel-like forming a fiber that is water-soluble and moves slowly through your gut without being digested now. What does Musil each so okay well it keeps food in the stomach and makes you feel satisfied for a longer period? So it could indirectly help you lose weight. Making food stay a longer period in your stomach or your intestines also means that nutrients will be better absorbed. So that’s 2 there and let’s not forget that flax seeds are low in carbohydrates but extremely high in fiber and Nick’s. This makes it also a colon detox detoxification support hand great for people who suffer from constipation number.
2. High in Omega-3 fatty acids
High in Omega-3 fatty acids, people are many times unaware of the health benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids and each of the matters is they have proven time and time again to be very useful in a variety of health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, arteriosclerosis and much more. So flax seeds walnuts and chia seeds actually which all contain Omega-3 are great sources of this oil but what exactly does this do well. They can put the compounds found in flax seeds to help reduce the risk of coronary arts, disease hypertension platelets function, reduce inflammation lowers cholesterol. You know promotes self-function and even reduces heart arrhythmias.
3. High in antioxidants
Antioxidants are very important. You see many processes in our bodies. Produce free radicals and those free radicals start damaging our tissues and activate the processes by which we get the order. So counting on antioxidants can be very beneficial on of the greatest benefits of flax seeds is that. They’re packed with antioxidants, especially the type called lignans. okay, these antioxidants called lignans help reduce free radical damage by having an anti-aging effect providing hormonal balancing and cellular regeneration. So where are antioxidants found well we just mentioned flax seeds.
4. Lower cholesterol
Flax seeds are precious for those suffering from high cholesterol hyperlipidemia and heart disease. Nutrition and metabolism found that adding flax seeds into your diet can normally reduce cholesterol levels and they found that flaxseed.
5. May help you with weight loss
Flaxseed helps reduce cholesterol levels and fat absorption well in long run this makes it even easier to lose weight. The connection between flax seeds and weight loss according to research published in the journal of nutrition found that flax seeds and walnuts may improve obesity and support weight loss. Flax seeds help reduce inflammation and may even help you with hormonal balances.
6. May help prevent cancer
It’s very interesting how new researches you know coming to light would show how foods have anti-cancer properties and flax seeds are no exception. A study published in the journal of clinical Cancer research a very important journal by the way discovered that consuming. Flax seeds can decrease the risk of breast cancer by decreasing tumor growth and metastasis. Women have a reduced risk of developing breast cancer. When they consume larger amounts of dietary fiber lignans, carotenoids, antioxidants, and vegetables with poultry.
7. Make skin and hair healthier
Flax seeds oil is another great option to make your skin, nail, eyes, and hair. So if you want to have healthier hair, skin or nails consider adding two tablespoons of flaxseed oil to your salads every.
8. Support digestive health
So many people do have serious digestive problems. You know irritable bowel syndrome Crohn’s disease etc. Flax seeds are incredible in promoting digestive health. Flax seeds help reduce inflammation and protect.
Side Effects of Flax Seeds
- Side effects of laxative effects according to the US National Institutes of Health NIH flax seeds could exhibit some laxative properties. This is why they don’t recommend it to people suffering from diarrhea irritable bowel syndrome diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis digestive tract obstruction. Another downside of flax seeds is that they could obstruct the esophagus intestines or bowel have taken in large doses or without enough liquid flaxseed is not recommended for consumption for people with narrowing of the esophagus intestinal bowel. All those who already suffer an obstruction in these areas.
- Flax seeds allergy even though they’re uncommon. Flax seeds allergies should be mentioned as well there have been a few reported cases of several abnormal. Main nausea and vomiting as well as life-threatening anaphylaxis overdose effects the NIH been researching the effects of a flax seeds overdose in animal studies and even though it’s uncommon. It may lead to shortness of breath rapid breathing walking. If you accidentally overdose on flaxseed it may also cause seizures or paralysis.
- Flaxseed with alpha-linolenic acid content might increase triglyceride levels hormone, sensitive cancers, or conditions in some aspects. Flax seeds may have similar properties to the hormone estrogen. This is why some worry it may aggravate say certain hormone-sensitive conditions. Women who take flax seeds every day may notice changes in their menstruation flow duration etc. The national institute for health strongly advises that women with hormone-related health conditions such as endometriosis polycystic ovary syndrome uterine fibroids and breast-ovarian or uterine cancer should be careful When consuming.
- Flax seeds may lead to health complications and aggravation of their condition in pregnant women. Because it could stimulate menstruation or have other hormonal effects that might have harmful effects on the developing baby.
- Diabetic patients because the Omega-3 fatty acids it contains can increase blood sugar levels in people with low blood pressure hypertension because it could lower diastolic blood pressure in people with high blood pressure hypertension. I take it in combination with their blood pressure-lowering medication. It may lower it furthermore people with bleeding disorders because it may increase the risk of excessive bleeding. Since it decreases clotting the same goes for people who are on medication or supplements with blood-thinning effects bipolar disorder.