Yellow Dragon Fruit
Where does Dragon Fruit Come From?
Yellow Dragon Fruit vs Red
How to Eat Yellow Dragon Fruit
- Place the dragon fruit on a clean cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife, and cut straight through the fruit and cut in half.
- You can use a spoon, to eat the fruit out of the skin, or, strip the skin off, and cut the mash into little pieces.
Dragon Fruit Nutrition
- Calories: 60
- Protein: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 13 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Sugars: 7.65 g
- Calcium: 18 mg
- Iron: 0.74 mg
- Magnesium: 40 mg
- Vitamin C: 2.5 mg
Yellow Dragon Fruit Benefits
- Rich source of dietary fiber with prebiotics for digestive health.
- Beneficial antioxidants and including vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- A higher measure of calcium than the standard red dragon fruit.
- Yellow dragon fruit is a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium, iron, and niacin. They are is high in protein.
- The natural aural laxative effect, prevent articulation diseases.
- Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to their anti-inflammatory properties.
Dragon Fruit Benefits
- Dragon fruit may help lower blood sugar. This type of fruiisis t rich high amount of fiber that maintains blood sugar levels. It can stabilize blood sugar levels by suppressing sugar spikes.
- Dragon fruit contains essential minerals like potassium and calcium which help in maintaining bone structure.
- Dragon fruit contains antioxidants like phenolic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C plays important role in boosting the immune system, prevents you from contracting chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, etc. This type of natural substance protects your cells from damage by free radicals which could damage your cells and even lead to cancer.
- Dragon fruit is rich in fiber and antioxidants. They both contribute to keeping the heart-healthy. Moreover, dragon fruit seeds are rich in Omega-3 and Omega-9 fatty acids that contribute to good for the heart and reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases.
- It can strengthen your immune system. Dragon fruit is loaded high amount of vitamin C, antioxidants that boost the immune system and prevent infection by protecting your white blood cells from damage.
- Dragon fruit cleanses your digestive system well. They have a high fiber content, which can assist with poor digestion and constipation.
- Dragon fruit contains vitamin B, folate, and iron that making it an optimal natural fruit for a pregnant woman. Vitamin B and folate forestall birth imperfections and boost energy during pregnancy.
- Dragon fruit rich in vitamin C can aid in brighter skin and this fruit becomes a great topical ointment. Turn a slice of dragon fruit into a paste and apply it to the reddened areas on your face or skin, then rinse with water. For best results, use twice daily.
- Adding dragon fruit to your diet can help you fight arthritis. Because dragon fruit is a great anti-inflammatory fruit. Anti-inflammatory fruit is generally beneficial for people suffering from arthritis.
- Dragon fruit juice is an excellent agent for treating colored hair. You can protect your chemically treated or colored hair.
Dragon Fruit Side Effects
- Eating too much dragon fruit is unhealthy. Because dragon fruit loaded fructose which may be harmful to the excessive amounts.
- Excessive consumption of dragon fruits may cause slight reddish urine and feces which is harmless.
- Eating too much dragon fruit may cause diarrhea.
- Dragon fruit-rich sources of dietary fiber are beneficial to our digestive health. But too much consumption of dietary fiber can cause intestinal gas, intestinal obstruction, stomach discomfort, among others.
- Dragon fruit is rich in a high amount of antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, carotenoids among others. Excessive consumption of dragon fruits can result in an overabundance of antioxidants like beta carotene, which can contribute to lung cancer. On the other hand, higher vitamin consumption also raises the risk of hemorrhagic stroke.