Hospitals serve as crucial institutions within the healthcare system, providing a range of services aimed at promoting health, treating illnesses, and caring for individuals in need. The means or functions of a hospital encompass various essential aspects:
1. Medical Care and Treatment: Hospitals are equipped with medical professionals, advanced technology, and facilities to diagnose, treat, and manage diverse health conditions. This includes emergency care, surgeries, specialized treatments, and ongoing patient care.
2. Diagnosis and Testing: Hospitals conduct various diagnostic procedures and tests, such as blood tests, imaging scans (X-rays, MRIs, CT scans), biopsies, and other laboratory investigations to identify health issues accurately.
3. Emergency Services: Hospitals provide emergency medical services, functioning 24/7 to attend to critical conditions and injuries that require immediate attention.
4. Inpatient and Outpatient Care: Hospitals accommodate both inpatients (those requiring overnight stays) and outpatients (those receiving treatment without an overnight stay) for various medical needs.
5. Specialized Departments: They house specialized departments like cardiology, oncology, neurology, pediatrics, etc., catering to specific medical needs and expertise.
6. Rehabilitation Services: Many hospitals offer rehabilitation services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, to aid in recovery after an injury or illness.
7. Research and Education: Some hospitals engage in medical research, conducting studies to advance medical knowledge.
8. Community Health Initiatives: Hospitals often engage in community health programs, health education, and preventive care to promote overall wellness within their surrounding communities.
9. Psychological Support: Hospitals may offer mental health services, counseling, and psychiatric care to address psychological and emotional well-being.
Hospital in Mumbai
Mumbai is home to many state-of-the-art hospitals covering a wide range of medical specialties, all outfitted with cutting-edge equipment. These establishments serve as innovative cornerstones, incorporating the most recent developments in medical technology and therapeutic approaches. From cardiology to orthopedics, neurology to cancer, these institutions represent the pinnacle of quality and effectiveness when it comes to providing patient-centered care.
Mumbai’s healthcare system is recognized for its world-class professionals who are highly esteemed for their skill and steadfast dedication to patient care. Mumbai’s medical scene includes specialized centers of excellence that provide accurate and knowledgeable treatment for complex medical requirements. These facilities have specialized departments including cancer research centers, robotic surgical units, and transplant institutes. They are a source of hope for patients looking for the best possible care and treatment alternatives. Healthcare facilities in Mumbai place a strong emphasis on holistic care, treating patients as a whole rather than just treating their illnesses.
Top 10 Hospital in Mumbai
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai – Address: Vile Parle West, Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital – Address: Andheri West, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai – Address: Mulund Goregaon Link Road, Mulund-West, Mumbai
- Jaslok Hospital – Address: Tardeo, Mumbai
- Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre – Address: Bandra West, Mumbai
- HCG Cancer Centre, Mumbai – Address: Cooperage, Mumbai
- S.L. Raheja Hospital Mumbai – Address: Mahim West, Mumbai
- Saifee Hospital, Mumbai – Address: Girgaon, Mumbai
- Global Hospitals, Mumbai – Address: Parel, Mumbai
- Hinduja Healthcare Surgical Hospital – Address: Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai
Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
Jawaharlal Nehru, the country’s first Prime Minister, opened the Nanavati Super Specialty Institute in mumbai in 1951. For 65 years, this institution has been leading the way in medical progress. Nanavati Hospital is one of the top cardiac hospitals in Western India.
The NABH accredited hospital has won several awards including Medical Excellence Award, Cisco Technology Award, Healthcare Excellence Award, e-India Award in 2010 and Edge Award in 2011 and 2012.
Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital Mumbai’s core expertise is Digestive and Hepatobiliary Diseases, Gastro-Intestinal Surgery, and Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery. The large facilities have specialized rooms that serve a variety of medical specialties, such as neurology, orthopedics, cardiology and oncology.
Specialties of Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital
There are 55 specialized departments, more than 350 consultants, 475 nurses, 100 resident physicians and 1500 staff members work in the hospital. The hospital has one of the largest critical care units in Western India, with an overall capacity of 350 beds and 75 beds dedicated to various specialties. The hospital has one of the largest critical care units in Western India, with an overall capacity of 350 beds and 75 beds dedicated to various specialties.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
This Hospital is a tertiary-care hospital located in Four Bungalows, Mumbai, India. The hospital is named after Kokilaben Ambani, wife of industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Industries.↗️
The only hospital in Mumbai with a full-time specialist system is Kokilaben Hospital (FTSS). There are 55 specialized departments, more than 350 consultants, 475 nurses, 100 resident physicians and 1500 staff members work in the hospital. The hospital has one of the largest critical care units in Western India, with an overall capacity of 350 beds and 75 beds dedicated to various specialties. The hospital has one of the largest critical care units in Western India, with an overall capacity of 350 beds and 75 beds dedicated to various specialties.
Infrastructure and facilities
It contains 22 operating rooms and 180 critical care beds. It features 180 ICU beds, the largest critical care unit in Mumbai, and more than 750 inpatient beds. More than 140 full-time consulting clinics at Kokilaben Hospital can accommodate more than 6,000 outpatient appointments per day. With 42 machines, it is the largest dialysis center in Mumbai.
The only hospital in Mumbai with a full-time specialist system is Kokilaben Hospital (FTSS). Protocols and care pathway-based treatment methods are used at Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai to determine the best possible outcome for patients. This hospital provides state-of-the-art, non-invasive therapies without damaging surrounding healthy tissue or requiring conventional surgical techniques for a variety of malignancies and other potentially crippling ailments.
The ET Healthworld Hospital Awards have named “Best Hospital – Oncology & Diabetology” – West and “Best Multispecialty Hospital – National.”
Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
This Hospital, located in Mulund, Mumbai, was founded in 2002 and has received four JCI and one NABH accreditation. Since its founding in 1996, the Fortis brand has grown to include over 55 locations that provide healthcare services both inside and outside of India.
Fortis Healthcare Limited, an affiliate of IHH Healthcare Berhad, is one of India’s top suppliers of integrated medical services. It is the first hospital in India to introduce Electronic ICU. This hospital is globally ranked among the most technologically advanced hospitals in the world. Fortis Emergency Clinic in Mumbai employs highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors and paramedical staff.
The multispecialty hospital has 300 beds in addition to 48 Private Classic Rooms, 21 Twin Classic Rooms, 48 Twin Premium Rooms, and 6 Suites. The entire spectrum of radiographic services for MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, fluoroscopies, mammograms, Dexa, X-rays, and intervention treatments are available in the radiology department.
Specialties & Awards
- Cardiology and cardiac surgery, neurology, urology, nephrology, orthopaedics, digestive care, emergency care, and critical care are among the specialties.
- The only hospital in Mumbai to have performed the youngest angioplasty patient and a multi-organ transplant.
- First in West India to complete more than 100 heart transplants in just four years.
- It has thrice NABL approved pathology lab and the first blood bank accredited by NABH in India.
- Received the ‘National Energy Conservation Award’ from the President of India (2012).
- Won the 2011 Indian Healthcare Awards’ “Best Orthopaedic Hospital Award.”
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) established the accolades, which were first announced during the Advantage Health Care India – 2019 Summit.
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) Awards India 2014 included “Medical Team of the Year Award”.
One of the nation’s first private trust superspeciality tertiary care hospitals is the Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre. The NABH-accredited hospital was founded by late Shantilal Jamnadas Mehta, an Indian surgeon, institution builder and medical educationist. According to Times Health Survey, Jaslok Hospital is ranked first in the country for Western India Orthopaedics. Jaslok Hospital is a private, full-fledged multi-specialty hospital with 364 beds, 265 consultants and manned by 140 fully trained resident doctors.
Specialties & Awards
- It was the first BiVAD-facilitated heart transplant performed in western India.
- There are air-conditioned, comfortable patient rooms with television, refrigerator, nurse call system and phone facility for use during treatment.
- Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopedic, Pediatric, Pain Management, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pathology, Plastic Surgery, Psychiatry, Psychology, Pulmonology, and Radiation Oncology are among the specialties offered by the hospital.
- Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai is the first hospital in South Asia to offer MR-guided ultrasound surgery for the treatment of uterine fibroids. These procedures are performed on the liver, brain, kidney, thyroid, prostate, pancreas, and epilepsy.
- Mumbai’s first hospital to use 2D echocardiography.
- Being one of the top cancer hospitals in Mumbai, the Oncology Department is furnished with cutting-edge equipment.
- According to ET Health Awards, Jaslok Hospital is India’s Best Hospital for IVF Treatment.
Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre
This Hospital, with its 323 beds, 12 state-of-the-art operation theaters, more than 300 consultants, and about 1,800 employees, is renowned across the world as a center of medical excellence.
- The blood bank of Lilavati Hospital is recognized by NABH.
- The hospital has been providing a wide range of medical services in various fields like Neurology, Orthopaedics, Cardiology and Cancer. Patients receive complete and integrated care, including diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and ongoing support, Hospital T is renowned for our multidisciplinary approach.
- The Prime Time Global Healthcare Excellence Awards 2018 recognized Medstar Health as the Best Single Specialty Hospital in Cardiology.
- Of the week – Hansa Research Best Hospitals Survey 2020 and ranked us among the “Top 20 Best Hospitals in India”.
HCG Cancer Centre, Mumbai
This hospital is one of the premier cancer treatment facilities in Mumbai, India. It is Mumbai’s first dedicated cancer hospital that adopts global innovations to provide high quality treatment.. The hospital has a dedicated hemato-oncology unit with a BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) programme. High dose isotope therapy for prostate and thyroid malignancies is provided by the department. In addition, the hospital’s nuclear medicine department has up-to-date PET-CT equipment.
- The clinical staff of HCG Cancer Centre is made up of nuclear medicine doctors, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists who are all very skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced.
- In the state of Maharashtra, it is the first center to launch the Elekta Versa HD Radiation Machine. This device has Agility, a high-speed, high-precision beam for precisely locating tumors.
- The nuclear medicine department of the hospital has advanced PET-CT machines.
SL. Raheja Hospital Mumbai
SL Raheja Hospital Mumbai is a super specialty hospital located in the Mumbai district of Mahim. It was established in 1981. Accredited by both NABH and NABL, it is among the few institutes in Mumbai that provide specialist hyperbariatric oxygen treatment for diabetic patients. S.L. Raheja is a 170-bed tertiary consideration multispecialty emergency clinic run by highly skilled and experienced doctors and paramedical professionals. It provides complete clinical consideration and a compassionate environment.
- The first hospital in India to provide IORT treatment to cancer patients is S L Raheja Hospital. The best intensive care unit and emergency room services that meet global standards.
- Renowned specialists from across the globe work at the hospital, including radiologists, hepatologists, gastroenterologists, endoscopists, surgeons, pathologists, and intensivists.
- For adult and pediatric cardiac surgery, there is a special cardiology unit.
- One of the few institutions in Mumbai offering hyper bariatric oxygen therapy specifically designed to treat patients with diabetes.
- For adult and pediatric cardiac surgery, there is a special cardiology unit. Knee joint replacements with computer navigation are offered by its orthopedic department.
Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
On June 4, 2005, the Honorable Former Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh, gave the hospital its official opening. A multispecialty healthcare facility with 254 beds, state-of-the-art infrastructure, ISO certification, NABL accreditation, state-of-the-art technology and highly skilled staff. Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin dedicated this hospital in honor of his father, Syedna Taher Saifuddin. This multispecialty hospital in Saifee offers a wide variety of specializations, from basic daycare services to acute care emergency medicine and intricate cardiac surgery.
Specialties & Awards
- The robotic surgical system at Saifi Hospital is quite sophisticated.
- A separation unit for patients with thyroid malignant growth receiving high percentage radioactive iodine treatment. Specific Clinic for Urinary Tract Issues in Women.
- It is among the top ten hospitals in Mumbai that offer blood banks.
- It has India’s first LASIK suite, for state-of-the-art laser eye surgery.
- After the 2011 Mumbai attacks, a hospital treated bomb victims free of charge.
Mission & vision
Saifee Hospital aims to provide patients with state-of-the-art diagnostic and restorative administrations in a first-rate setting with energy and precision. To achieve excellence in healthcare by providing individuals from all social strata with excellent preventive, curative, and holistic treatment in a manner that is safe, moral, and reasonable.
Global Hospitals, Mumbai
The most well-known multi-organ transplant facility in Western India is Global Hospital, located in Lower Parel, Mumbai. Global Hospital is a first-rate 450-bed multispecialty tertiary care facility offering excellent inpatient, outpatient and critical care services. The hospital has many critical care units, including post-transplant, surgical, medical, liver, renal, and cardiac units.
Mumbai’s Global Hospital opened its doors in 1996. Parkway Pantai Ltd. is connected to and consists of this hospital. With a network of 22 facilities, Parkway Pantai is one of the most integrated private healthcare companies in the area. In Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, India, China, and Vietnam, it provides more than 4,000 beds. Global Hospitals is the fourth-biggest healthcare chain in India. Multi-organ transplants, including kidney, liver, heart, and lung transplants, are pioneered by this facility. Annually, 17,500 procedures are performed by the Global Team of physicians.
Specialties & Awards
- This hospital is the only one connected to King’s College Hospital in London and is credited with being the first to get official government recognition for research and development.
- The first in west India to do split liver transplants, dual lobe liver transplants, combined liver and kidney transplants, minimal access lung transplants, and two-wheeler ambulance services (GART, or global accident rescue team).
- First Hospital in South Asia for Spinal Nucleus Transplantation.
- The first hospital to receive recognition from the Government of India for research and development.
- In addition, it is the first pediatric auxiliary liver transplant in Asia as well as the first TB spine surgery and liver transplant in the world.
Hinduja Healthcare Surgical Hospital
- The first private hospital in Mumbai to do kidney transplants from cadavers and peripheral blood stem cell transplants is Hinduja Hospital.
- Hinduja is a multi-specialty hospital 70 beds, treated over 3 million outpatients, and 175 thousand in patients.
- Hinduja Specialty Hospital provides Allergy, Anaesthesiology, Adult Immunization Clinic, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Surgery and Urology.
- First hospital in India to operate gallbladder laparoscopically. Accredited by CAP, ISO 27001: 2005, HACCP, NABH, and CAP.
Why choose Mumbai hospitals?
- Mumbai’s hospitals are notable for having state-of-the-art facilities. These facilities, outfitted with cutting-edge medical equipment, are redefining the norm in healthcare. Mumbai hospitals are at the vanguard of medical innovation thanks to their integration of robotic procedures, AI-driven therapies, and sophisticated diagnostic equipment.
- Some of India’s top hospitals are located in Mumbai. International organizations like the Joint Commission International (JCI) have recognized several of these institutions, certifying that they adhere to the strictest quality and safety requirements.
- Multidisciplinary specializations are included in the extensive spectrum of medical treatments provided by Mumbai hospitals. These institutions provide for a wide range of medical requirements, from sophisticated surgical procedures to preventative treatment.
- Mumbai is a reasonably priced destination for medical care. Mumbai offers medical care at a far lesser cost than the US and other wealthy nations.
- Mumbai has a large number of excellent medical professionals and nurses. Those who are providing treatment in their own country with extensive medical training from USA, UK and other industrialized countries.